Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Exciting News!

Early this morning, before heading out to my last day of work, I had a little extra time to read up on my emails. I always get excited when I see a new msg from either of my YWAM leaders, Matt or Doug. This morning there was an email in my inbox that was a bit different than usual. Matt and Doug said that after a lot of prayers, they came to a decision about narrowing down the choices for our outreach locations. I believe our larger class of 22 will be split up into three different 'family' groups to go on our outreach in april/may. The choices that were given to us were....

St. Petersburg, Russia
The Balkans, Europe
Morocco, Africa

How exciting to get the news of our outreach possibilities! I'm so excited to get the opportunity to serve in one of these three locations! After the month of April, each group will take the month of may and start traveling to our 'debriefing' location where we all join up together in Amsterdam. Please pray for me as I will have to spend lots of time in prayer to seek out what God's plan is for me to serve during these last couple months. Thank you guys for all your prayers and support as I will be heading out in 1.5 days!

Hazak!

5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you are taking the DTS program through YWAM. I went as a leader with the Calvin CRC youth group to the YWAM base in Juarez, Mexico, and I really wanted to take the DTS class, but it didn't work out. I hope you have an amazing time in the program!

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! This is Danika. I'm so glad you blog also. I am excited to keep in touch with people this way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 of those places sound like amazing opportunities for you Kels! I'll be praying for you as you make your decision soon. (every time I see Hazak I think for a brief second that you're miss-spelling my last name!) :P haha - luv u Kels!
    ~Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsi, I am so excited to know that God protected you during your travel yesterday and you seemed so thrilled to meet your roommates and settle into your appartment. There was such a difference in your spirit in talking with you in the airports and talking with you when you were settling in. You were right in thinking that leaving GR was going to be really hard but arriving in Hawaii was going to be really good. What a difference a little warm weather and friendly people can make!

    Keep looking up and God will give you the desires of your heart as you learn and serve Him during the next few months.

    May the Lord bless you, and keep you, and shine His face upon yours Kelsi, and give you His shalom, Amen!

    Keep shining for Him!
    Hazak!

    ReplyDelete