Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The big decision!!

Well, finally I’m back!! Since the storm in Oahu ywam hasn't had wireless! It's been really hard to get on the internet even from their own computers...but FINALLY today things are back up and running. Which gives me no excuse to update my blog! I just wanted to thank my family and friends for keeping up with this even though I haven't been extremely faithful, but your comments are greatly appreciated :)

Well, to begin, yesterday we were having worship in the Ohana Court when one of my leaders, Matt, came up to me and said that he had to talk to me. I was really confused and thought that he might have a word for me from God that my 1st choice of Morocco for my outreach was not His will. I told Matt earlier this weekend that even though I requested Morocco, my second choice, the Balkans, kept coming up in my head after I wrote down Morocco! He sent that message on to my other leaders when they prayed about it this weekend. When my leaders had their meeting, they prayed specifically for each student’s decision to make sure it was God's will. Matt came up to me yesterday morning and told me that he prayed and God confirmed 100% that Morocco was the right place. After he said something during the leaders meeting that this was the right place, every single other leader confirmed along with Matt that Morocco was FOR SURE where God wanted to send me on my outreach! So after that little word from Matt in the morning and after our lecture in the afternoon, I’ve been told that my outreach destination is...


MOROCCO!!!!


Thank you Jesus!! Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

Thank you all as well for all your prayers and support for this decision. Let me tell you, it was not easy!! But I heard God's voice and he showed me where he wants to send me!! Thanks again!

9 comments:

  1. wow dude, i'm excited for you! morocco is gonna be sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kels thats so exciting!!!!!!! ive heard morocco is a gorgeous place

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. I pray for you daily. Keep serving and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsi, we are praising God with you! God knows your heart! I love how there is so much confirmation for Marocco. Now we move forward in our prayers and pray that God prepares your heart as well as the people of Marocco. We rejoice as we trust our God!
    <3 Your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!!!!!
    You're going to Morocco!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
    I'm sure you'll LOVE Africa :):):)
    Love you hun! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on reaching the decision of Morocco! I am very excited for you. Miss you very much hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kels... We're praying you through this exciting journey! How exciting when God confirms His will. Keep following Him; I know He has great plans! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. kels! i love you girl and am proud of you for taking this leap of faith! i'm excited for your deicision of Morocco! a little jealous, but excited none the less :) Can't wait to hear all about it when you come home! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go Morocco, chica! I'm so stoked for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete