Saturday, January 10, 2009

Justice League

Our official name of our DTS class!! I have gotten so close to my class over this past week that it feels like i've been here for weeks or months! I love them all dearly and cannot believe we are only here on the island with our leaders/staff/and fellow classmates for only 3 months! We're growing together but even stronger bonds through Christ! I start off my day, along with about half of our class (a little over 20 people in the class) doing work duty at 5:00am. Our job is to serve the others breakfast until 7:30am when i rush back to my dorm and take a quick shower! The following morning we spend our time listening to our leader, Luke Moon, speak about justice, or more, injustice around the world. The time totally flies by and lunch is right around the corner. Again, either in that afternoon or evening we get together with our class and have more class time to spend with each other. I have my afternoons off from 3-5 when normally others have their work duty. Finding some other ywamers to either hit the beach or do my homework. Speaking of hw, our class has lots of it! i believe that it is good that we stay up to date on the current events around the world because our focus is, of course, Justice!! The evenings are pretty chill here. I usually try to get to the prayer room at least once a day along with my favorite, worshiping! The past couple days all the ywamers here have been trying to seek out the voice of God and his direction and will for our outreach location. My biggest struggle right now is differentiating between my desire and God's will. If you guys could keep me in your prayers a)to be able to hear His voice regularly, and b)to show me where He wants me to go on my outreach, i would truly appreciate that!! Again today we visited Hapuna beach, but this time 5 of my friends and i hitch hiked there!! it took us three vehicles on the way there and only 1 on the way back! We played some ultimate frisbee, body surfing, hiking on the lava rocks, swimming, etc, etc!! it was a BLAST! Made some new friends, experienced some new things, it was Great!

Well, it's about dinner time, and i'm going to try to get some of my pictures up again on facebook. So if you guys have that, check them out and hopefully i'll get them up within the next 24hrs!!

Thanks again for everything and God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsi, thanks for the blog update. Hawaii and God has to be everything one would want and need! It sounds so incredible. We def. are praying that God would reveal Himself and His will to you. The pics look great - how was cliff jumping. That sounds like a blast. The hitchhiking thing though - kinda shaky (coming from mom) haha. I trust people know what they are doing. Thanks for giving it up for Him and take every advantage of this awesome opportunity! Love you so much! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are having an amazing time over there. Yes I will keep praying for you, I can't wait to see where you end up going. :) Oh and fyi enjoy the warmth for me its getting a little chilly here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Its been below freeezing up here for far too long! -2 last night! I miss you and can tell your having a fabulous time! Cliff jumping? Hitchhiking?! body surfing?! ultimate frisbee?! FUN! I will keep you in my prayers as usual! God bless Kelsi! You are so wonderful! Love ya! <3- Kaleigh

    ReplyDelete