Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cliff Jumping and birthdays!

I'm so sorry guys, this post is LONG overdue! So much has happened I don't even know where to start! My schedule has been crazy, I've been fighting a sinus infection, families are visiting, my time here is coming to a close, and I've left you hanging! Sorry about everything, but I'll try to highlight my last two weeks here for you!

One event since then that happened was my birthday! It was one of the best days here yet! I spent the day at a beach called Mile 88 with some of my best friends here! It was exactly the way I would have ever dreamed of spending a birthday in Hawai'i. Lying out in the sun at the most beautiful beach in the world! That night, a huge group of people got together and dressed up for dinner and dessert! Being away from home I didn't think that I would have that good of a day but God totally blessed me with such amazing friends to make my birthday away from home the best I could ever imagine!

That same week our school had a speaker come in and speak to the Justice students and staff. His name was Penni Patu and he totally blessed us all and wrote each person in our class a word from God. I thought that I would share it with you guys because it blessed me so much! God has revealed himself to me so much during my time here and one verse that he has blessed me with is Psalm 37:4, Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart! Penni prayed for each person before he even met us and asked God to give him a bible verse and a word for each person. Penni had everyone's' all typed up nice before he even got here on Monday morning. I was one of the last people to get theirs on Friday morning, but God gave him a verse for me, and guess what it happened to be:

Psalm 37:3-7
Kelsi my princess and my daughter that I created to look like me. I have called you to be a woman that will walk without fear of man but the fear of me. My daughter, give me your time so that I can continue to tell you what I desire for you and your future. I have a great plan for your future. All you have to do is to ask me for it and believe me to help you fulfill that for you. You are a beautiful daughter of mine, and I am so proud to be your father. I love you my daughter, do you hear me saying that I love you. My daughter do you believe that I really love you? Don't say that you cannot do the things that I will ask of you to do because I have given you the power to do anything in my name and it will be done. My daughter I love you so much that my hands are still open for you to come to any time you need me. Be the light of my will to this world my daughter and not let that light be hidden. I love you my daughter very much. Continue to trust me for your life.

This past weekend was also a story to tell. I went with my school and toured around the island! First we went to a place called south point, which is the most southern part of Hawai'i and America. Here we went cliff jumping! Some of us jumped off of 50 foot cliffs! It was raining the whole trip and chilly, but if I'm only at this place once in my time here, then why not jump! After, we went to a black sands beach and took pictures in the rain. It was a short stop until we drove off again and headed to Hilo. Once we got there we went to the famous, Ken's house of pancakes! They had such great breakfast and all kinds of food. We walked back out of the restaurant there to get back to our cars in a flooded, 5" of water, parking lot. Since the weather was not the nicest so we did not get to do all of the things we wanted to, but it was such a bonding and unifying trip with our class! I had so much fun!

To wrap things up, I just want to ask a prayer request of you guys. This week has been extremely hard since Tuesday morning. I found out that my Grandma Wolters has been diagnosed with Leukemia. It has been so hard to be away from home, my family, and especially my mom and grandma after hearing this news. I have been quite distracted since this news and it has been hard for me to get much out of our last corporate week here. I request that you guys pray for my grandma, for healing because I truly believe that God can and will heal her of this cancer. For my family back home, because I can't be there to hold them and pray with them and just be with them. And finally, for me here! The devil is at work in my family and he does not like to see the good that God has done with my time here, in my family, and in our relationships with God. He is scared and is trying everything he can to make the Kingdom of God NOT come to earth and to tear us apart. WRONG! It's not happening, and God has already been growing us stronger. But still, please be in prayers for us all!

Thank you guys so much! I'll try to be better with this blog and updating. But until next time, God Bless!

Kelsi

2 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful creation Kelsi! God is working in and through you. You have been through so much while you are away, both awesome and trying. Keep your eyes fixed on your Father God and you will not be led astray. I know it is hard right now to not be here with us but we will trust that God will grant your desire to see Grandma again. Grandma says 'Hi' and she loves you. I love you so, so much! Hazak! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels girl!
    I hope you had an amazing birthday....and I have a little something for you when you get home :)
    Cliff jumping sounds amazing! Live it up girl! Take a chance on everything and leave with no regrets!
    I'm sorry to hear the bad new about your Grandma, but God has her in His hands! I'm praying for your family.

    I miss you girl and I can't wait to read your next post!
    Love you,
    Kara Jean

    ReplyDelete